Friday, February 25, 2011

REVISIONS AND UPDATES - 2/25/11

Time to start upping the posts on this thing like I said I would!

First off, I have seen more of last year's movies since posting my Best of 2010 list.  Rather than going through the trouble of revising the original blog to include those films, however, I figured I'd just rewrite it here.  So here it is, my revised list of the Best Movies of 2010:
  1. Inception
  2. Black Swan
  3. Hereafter
  4. The Fighter
  5.  Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
  6. The King's Speech
  7. 127 Hours
  8. The Social Network
  9. Shutter Island
  10. Easy A
REPLACE: Jeff Bridges with Colin Firth for Best Actor

 (as of 3/21. If I see more and want to change it again, I'll just come back to this post)

Also, here is a list of upcoming blogs that (hopefully) you can expect to see soon:
  • REVIEW: Wallace State College's METAMORPHOSES and MYTHS AND HYMNS
    (subject to change)
  • My Post-Oscar Response
  • 10 Movies I Like/Love That Everyone Hates
  • 10 Movies I Dislike/Hate That Everyone Loves
  • Top 10 Favorite Obscure Musicals
  • Top 5 Guilty Pleasure Musicals
Yes, I know it's a bunch of lists, but to be honest, those are easiest to plan ahead!

Hope you guys come back and check them out!

FYI:  In case anyone wonders, I'm NOT writing reviews of University of Montevallo productions, my reason being that I don't want to piss off my friends and professors by the possibility of criticizing their work on the Internet.  I have considered writing a couple of blogs closer to my graduation in May to highlight my favorites, but nothing of detail will be posted.  However, I will say that our recent production of Sara Ruhl's Eurydice is one of the best I've seen us do since I've been at this school.  Great job to the cast and crew, especially director Karow Wilson (whose BFA project this was).

No comments:

Post a Comment